Seymour Edwards InfantAddress: 6 Sunnyside Avenue, May Pen
Operator: Latoya Reeves
Telephone: 772-1941/ 405-2384
- Obtain valid police record for two members of staff.
- Obtain medical record for 3 members of staff.
- Two practitioners to be trained in OCR and Public Health.
- Two additional practitioners needed to address teacher: child ratio.
- Exit doors to swing in for entrance and out for exit and one removeable ramp.
- For window areas to be at least 10% of the floor area in each class.
- For the lights to be hang to get a better reading to at least 540 lux; 6 sleeping mats.
- To install one additional toilet.
- Obtain a cooling mechanism (fridge or igloo).
- One additional approved surface (concrete for riding toys or hop scotch).
- One complete first aid kit.
- Obtain food handlers permit for one member of staff.
- Ensure that the programme plans are displayed in a conspicuous place and copies are made available for the parents.
- Ensure that the serving utensils are stored in a dust and insect proof environment.
- Institute a rota or other documentary evidence to demonstrate that linen and other bedding material washed weekly.
- Institute a policy and ensure that there is documentary evidence demonstrating that reportable communicable diseases are reported to the Local Health Authority in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that there is a record of every medication administered to a child enrolled at the institution.
- Conduct an assessment of the institution’s vulnerability to hazards and apply minimum mitigation strategies.
- Conduct and record earthquake and fire drills.
- Collect all outstanding records for each child: illness record, medication record, a food and drug allergy record, photograph.
- Ensure that a job description is available for all staff members.