Osbourne Store Infant Department
Address: Osbourne Store, Clarendon South Western
Operator: Kamala Subarn
- Police records & medical are needed for three practitioners.
- Three practitioners to be trained in paediatric first aid, four in OCR and three in public health.
- Display the children’s work at their eye level.
- Develop cleaning schedule for toys, other learning resources, linen and other bedding.
- Ensure that the weekly schedule outline the activities for each day of the week.
- Observe and record the children’s progress, interests and their daily experiences.
- Formulate/complete the following plans and policies: corporal punishment, physical restraint, parental involvement, health and sanitation, nutrition, fire (to be approved by the fire department), and disaster.
- Obtain approval from the Municipal Corporation and Public Health Department.
- Ensure that the institution is self-sufficient during its operating hours.
- Provide additional fans to reduce temperature in building.
- Increase the light intensity in the classrooms and kitchen area.
- The walls and ceilings are to be cleaned and painted.
- Ensure that the alternative water source is potable.
- Repair broken pipe to eliminate water from discharging unto ground.
- Swing all the exit doors in the exit direction.
- A sick bay needs to be established.
- Shade is needed on the play area.
- Increase the window space to 10% of the floor space.
- Provide disposable hand towels, relocate play equipment to gain falling surface of 6 ft.
- Collect all outstanding documents for the children (an immunization record. a medical certificate of health; a medication record and an illness record, a food and drug allergy record; an accident and incident report form; the names, addresses and telephone numbers of persons to be contacted in case of emergency; a listing of persons authorized to collect the child; an attendance record; an immunization record; a medical report; a written record for those with special dietary needs; and a photograph).
- Ensure that hands are wash as recommended.
- Store serving utensils in dust proof container.
- Develop policy for reporting communicable diseases to the Local Health Authority.
- Provide a complete first aid kit.
- Ensure that illness and injury report logs are kept.
- Ensure that the fire safety equipment are maintained annually.
- Practice and record fire and earthquake drills.
- Obtain OCR reporting forms.
- Provide a log book for parents and staff to write suggestions or concerns;.
- Conduct and record pre and post consultation meetings.
- Obtain valid food handlers permit for three practitioners.
- Job description is needed for two practitioners and two support staff.
- Provide daily register for the students who are present.
- Submit status letter indicting changes to enrollment and develop a fixed asset register.