Mission House Basic SchoolThe Mission House Basic School was instituted in 1900, by the Missionaries of the Methodist Church. The school is situated in Gordon Town on property owned by the Methodist Church. The school caters to children in and around the community of Gordon Town. There are four (4) Teachers and one (1) support staff. The principal is qualified with a Master’s Degree in Education, and the other teachers are qualified at the NCTVET Level II in Early Childhood Development. The school’s building is made of concrete structure, comprising of four (4) classrooms, bathrooms, a kitchen and a large resource room.
The school’s most recent inspection by the Early Childhood Commission (ECC) was conducted on April 4, 2017. The school’s legal requirement rating is at 79%. The school is currently awaiting a Permit to Operate from the ECC.vAddress: Gordon Town, St. Andrew
Telephone: (876) 455-0185/ (876) 572-0495
Principal: Kyc-Ann Scott
Enrolment: 47 Children
Project to Undertake
|1.||Renovate the Playground||
|2.||Repair to Roof & Ceiling||
|3.||Enhance Core Learning Areas in the Resource Room||
- Paints (assorted colours)
- Building Blocks
- Pea Gravel
- Age appropriate learning material, books, toys.
The playground will be set up in accordance with ECC Standard 5, as the appropriate surfacing and safe playground equipment would now be in place.
The children enrolled at the institution would have access to a safe and renovated playground.
The five (5) cores learning areas would be available for the children’s access and development.
The improvement of the school would promote efforts in attaining certification with the Early Childhood Commission by June 2017.