May Pen Infant SchoolAddress: 5 Church Street, May Pen
Operator: Kim-Cay Brown
Telephone: 986-4740 / 575-4586
- Police records are needed for 12 members of staff.
- Medical certificates are needed for 5 staff members; one caregiver needs to be trained at the NCTVET NVQ-J LEVEL 1.
- Paediatric training is needed for 1 practitioner (done August 2018 but no certificate on file), Public health training is needed for 15 teachers and OCR is needed for 13 teachers.
- Additional teachers are needed to address practitioner: child ratio.
- The five core learning centres are needed.
- Two developmental toys (blocks, puzzles, trucks, dolls etc.) and additional books are needed.
- Cleaning schedule for toys, play materials, bed linens is needed; display the children’s work at their eye level; document children’s accomplishments, progress and interest; obtain a no objection letter from the Municipal Corporation and the fire certificate from the Fire Department.
- 10 additional fans are needed to address temperature issues.
- Brighter bulbs are needed/ lower the bulbs to increase the light intensity in the classes and kitchen to 540 lux or above.
- Additional space is needed in two of the three year old classes.
- Repair leaking roof, repair ceiling damaged by water, clean the ceiling in the classes and repaint where necessary.
- Repair holes in the flooring, swing all the exit door in the exit direction, place lids on all garbage bins.
- Additional toilets and hand washing sinks are needed.
- Rearrange the play equipment on the play area so as to have the 6ft. of falling surface.
- Collect all outstanding documents for the children (medical certificate of health, illness record, medication record and photograph.
- Document and report communicable diseases.
- Obtain authorized medication form from parents.
- Remove extension cord out of the reach of children.
- Service all fire extinguishers annually.
- Provide a log book that is accessible to the parents and employees to share observations, concerns and comments.
- Valid food handler’s permits are needed for 10 members of staff; register needs to be available for all classes, obtain a valid permit to operate and ensure that a fixed asset is completed and available.