Belle Castle Infant Department
Address: Belle Castle District, Hectors River P.O.
Operator: Nicola Barclay-Morris
Telephone: 993-0353/ 385-0959/ 394-8499/897-9267/3746640/
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employ 1 additional practitioner to meet the practitioner/child ratio of 1:10.
- Documented hours of training required in the following areas:
Universal Precautions, Referral mechanisms and reporting requirements under Public Health Act, Referral mechanisms and reporting equirements under Child Care Act for 5 staff members: ECC will provide trainings.
- Provide at least 130 developmental toys such as building blocks, skipping ropes, hoola hoops, balls.
- Provide 4 varieties of books including (picture, story, big books, sensory).
- Obtain approval from the Public Health Department.
- Obtain approval from thObtain valid medicals, food handlers permits and police records for 4 staff members.
- Approval from the Portland Municipal Corporation.
- Procure at least 4 additional fans to ensure that the temperature in the building does not exceeds 30C/86F degrees.
- Provide adequate ventilation in the classroom; window area should be at least 10% of the floor area.
- Establish a sick bay so that ill children can be separated from others.
- Ensure that there is a specific area for napping for infants or older children.
- Provide at least 3 sleeping mats.
- Repair the cracks in the walls and flooring.
- Paint the walls and ceiling.
- Clearly mark and identify the exits on the building.
- Ensure all doors swing in the exit direction.
- Ensure that the building has at least two exits.
- Provide 12-4ft LED tube bulbs and 8 bases (4ft)
- Provide at least 2 waste receptacles.
- Ensure that the playground has at least two of the approved surfaces such as pea gravel, soft sand or concrete.
- Ensure there is no hazard on the playground.
- Procure play equipment for the children (see saw, slides or jungle gym.
- Obtain a complete first aid kit.
- Obtain adequate fire equipment.
- Provide safety covers for all outlets in the the classroom.
- Provide 6 wall fans”.