THE EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMISSION
The Early Childhood Commission (ECC) a Statutory Body of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information with responsibility to regulate the operation of Early Childhood Institutions, is seeking to identify highly motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following post:
SENIOR SECRETARY (OPS/SS 3)
Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Director, Cross-Sectoral Coordination, the Senior Secretary is responsible for providing general administrative and secretarial support to the Director and the department.
- Composes and types directives, bulletins, schedules, agendas and other documents
- Types correspondence and reports from dictation or handwritten copy
- Assists in the organization of events and activities by scheduling rooms, issuing information, coordinating speakers and monitoring the budget
- Makes arrangements for meetings; attends meetings and prepares and transcribes minutes
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements as required
- Orders office supplies for the department and maintains all associated records
- Receives complaints, questions and requests in person or by telephone; provides the necessary information where possible or refers persons to the relevant authorities.
- Maintains files/records including filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating and destruction
- CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language; successful completion of the prescribed Secretarial Course of study at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND) or any Accredited Secretarial Studies, proficiency in Electronic Document Preparation and Management (EDPM) at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and speedwriting at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, plus four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience;
- Graduation from an accredited school of Secretarial Studies with proficiency in EDPM at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and speedwriting at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, training in the use of a variety of software applications e.g., word processing, database and spread sheets; English Language at CXC or GCE O’Level; completion of the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development, plus four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience;
- Successful completion of the Certified Professional Secretary course; proficient in EDPM at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and speedwriting at a speed of 100-120 words per minute; English Language at CXC or GCE O’Level; training in the use of a variety of software applications and four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience plus the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development.
Remuneration: Salary Scale $1,017,513.00 – $1,209,503.00 per annum, and any other allowances attached to the post
Written application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than Friday, November 5, 2021 to:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Early Childhood Commission
Shops 45-49 Kingston Mall
8-10 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Cross Sectorial|