Reporting to the Director, Regulation & Monitoring, the Senior Secretary is responsible for providing general administrative and secretarial support to the Director and the department.
- Prepares special and recurring departmental reports by gathering, compiling and typing data from various sources.
- Locates and compiles information and manipulates and/or formats reports, graphs, tables, records and other illustrations.
- Composes and types directives, bulletins, schedules, agendas and other documents.
- Types correspondence and reports from dictation or handwritten copy.
- Assists in the organization of events and activities by scheduling rooms, issuing information, coordinating speakers and monitoring the budget.
- Manages the Department Head’s calendar and arranges tentative schedules.
- Makes arrangements for meetings; attends meetings and prepares and transcribes minutes.
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements as required.
- Answers the telephone, screens callers, and takes and relays messages.
- Opens, sorts and screens mail; drafts responses on matters for which authority has been delegated.
- Arranges for the dispatch of outgoing mail.
- Receives, greets and directs visitors to the department.
- Receives complaints, questions and requests in person or by telephone; provides the necessary information where possible or refers persons to the relevant authorities.
- Maintains files/records including filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating and destruction.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- CXC or GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language; successful completion of the prescribed Secretarial Course of study at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND) or any Accredited Secretarial Studies, proficiency in Electronic Document Preparation and Management (EDPM) at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and speedwriting at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, plus four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience;
- Graduation from an accredited school of Secretarial Studies with proficiency in EDPM at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and speedwriting at a speed of 100-120 words per minute, training in the use of a variety of software applications e.g., word processing, database and spread sheets; English Language at CXC or GCE O’Level; completion of the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development, plus four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience;
- Successful completion of the Certified Professional Secretary course; proficient in EDPM at a speed of 50-55 words per minute and speedwriting at a speed of 100-120 words per minute; English Language at CXC or GCE O’Level; training in the use of a variety of software applications and four (4) to five (5) years’ general office experience plus the appropriate Office Professional Training Course at the Management Institute for National Development.
Remuneration: Salary Scale $1,370,094.00 – $1,842,625.00 per annum, and any allowances attached to the post
Written application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than Friday, March 3, 2023 to:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Early Childhood Commission
Shops 44-49 Kingston Mall
8-10 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston
Or by email to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants. However, only persons who are shortlisted will be contacted
|Job Category||Regulations and Monitoring|