Under the general supervision of the Director 2, Public Procurement, the Senior Public Procurement Officer is responsible to co-ordinate the systematic execution of procedures for the timely and cost-effective procurement of goods, service and works on behalf of the Early Childhood Commission, in accordance with GOJ Procurement Policies & Procedures, agreements with donors and generally accepted public/ethical policies.
- Prepares tender/bid documents including Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Quotation (RFQ) to effect procurement.
- Organizes tender processes including bid openings (manual and/or on E-procurement ).
- Coordinates the evaluation of tenders and guides recommendations through approval processes.
- Participates in the negotiation of purchasing agreements, credit arrangements and service contracts.
- Prepares Quarterly Contracts Award Report to be submitted to the Integrity Commissions (QCA Report).
- Prepares procurement reports and submits to Procurement and Sector committees/ Public Procurement Commission and Cabinet for approval.
- Prepares and monitors contracts to ensure adherence to the requisite terms and conditions.
- Institutes and maintains adequate controls and reporting procedures to accomplish the proper and timely recording and reporting of the physical flows of all materials, equipment, supplies and services.
- Continuously evaluates and maintains lists of qualified suppliers.
- Monitors all procurement activities, identifies bottlenecks /problems and recommends strategies for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Liaises with Payables Clerks to ensure timely processing of invoices.
- Liaises with suppliers and assists in resolving discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Prepares and submits monthly, quarterly and annual procurement reports to the relevant authorities.
- Participates in the development and implementation of projects geared towards improving the procurement process in the Early Childhood Development sector.
- To generate online GCT Withheld Certificates and 3% Withholding Tax Certificates.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Studies, Business Administration or related field.
- Certification in public procurement (e.g. INPRI – Level 3-4/UNDP/CIPS etc.).
- At least three (3) years’ experience in purchasing in the government service, preparation of tenders and negotiating contracts for goods and services.
- Experience in analyzing stock movements and establishing re-order levels is an asset.
Remuneration: Salary Scale $2,735,387.00 – $3,678,791.00 per annum, and any other allowances attached to the post
Written application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than Friday, December 22, 2022 to:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Early Childhood Commission
Shops 44-49 Kingston Mall
8-10 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants. However, only persons who are shortlisted will be contacted.