THE EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMISSION
The Early Childhood Commission (ECC) an agency of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information with responsibility to regulate the operation of Early Childhood Institutions, is seeking to identify highly motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following vacant post:
RESEARCH OFFICER, MONITORING AND EVALUATION (SOG/ST 6)
Reporting to the Research Manager, the Research Officer- Monitoring and Evaluation is responsible for developing and maintaining multi-sectoral monitoring and evaluation system of early childhood development policies, programmes and projects.
- Administrative Develops a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for Jamaica’s ECD sector; identifies ECD Indicators; develops data collection strategies and data collection instruments; conducts statistical analyses of data collected and prepares regular reports on the ECD Sector and the Status of Jamaican Children 0 – 8 years
Coordinates with internal staff and external partners to harmonization M&E practices across the sector.
Coordinates administration of ECI Readiness Tool and reports on data collected
- Database Management Manages National ECD Data from various databases: Responds to data requests from other agencies, the public and internally, and prepares reports from data
- System/Tools Development and Support Establishes/supports the implementation of sector-wide systems for data verification and quality control.
Leads on the development of data collection tools, reporting formats and evaluation instruments, including development of systems for data collection for inspection of ECI’s; develops and modifies inspection instruments for data collection; conducts reliability analyses; analyses data and prepares reports
Develops the questionnaire for ECD National Demographic and Household Surveys
Manages completed assignment files, ensuring completeness of required information and follow up on missing reports
- Data Collection and Analysis Performs routine variance analyses (programmatic and financial) to track variances in project performance against targets and approved work plans.
Assists in carrying out contract evaluations through the collection, aggregation and analysis of data including the examination of trends
- A Bachelors Degree in the Social Sciences
- Specialized training in Research and Advanced Statistical Analysis
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in Research
• Working knowledge of the Early Childhood Act and Regulations
• Sound knowledge of program evaluation methods including assessment of effectiveness, efficiency, process improvement and customer satisfaction
• Working knowledge of database management
• Sound knowledge of the relevant computer software including statistical analysis packages
Remuneration: Salary Scale $1,429,673.00 – $1,699,432.00 per annum
Written application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than March 16, 2018 to:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Early Childhood Commission
Shops 45-49 Kingston Mall
8-10 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston
Or by email to: email@example.com
|Job Category||Cross Sectorial|