THE EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMISSION
The Early Childhood Commission (ECC) an agency of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information with responsibility to regulate the operation of Early Childhood Institutions, is seeking to identify highly motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following vacant post:
Early Childhood Development Supervisor – Regions 4 (GMG/SEG 2)
Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Director, Sector Support Services, the Early Childhood Development Supervisor is required to enhance early childhood development in the assigned Region by overseeing the provision of technical support by regional EC Development Officers to Early Childhood Institutions and through Early Childhood Resource developing, monitoring and evaluating national intervention strategies.
- Provides technical guidance to Development Officers (Early Childhood Institutions) on the Early Childhood Act, Regulations and Standards for the Operation and Management of ECIs and other areas of early childhood development.
- Oversees operations to ensure that issues and problems experienced by Development Officers in conducting assignments are identified and resolved.
- Identifies regional systemic deficiencies in the knowledge and skills of operators and practitioners and recommends strategies for improvement.
- Identifies regional systemic deficiencies impairing the ability of ECIs to meet legal and regulatory requirements and recommends strategies for improvement.
- Oversees curriculum development and implementation in early childhood institutions
- Supports the development and/or strengthening of governance systems for early childhood institutions by developing and implementing regional strategies to enhance ECI management
bodies, through training and other methods.
- Supports ECIs by attending regional ECD stakeholder meetings.
- Provides technical guidance to Development Officers in areas of development of teaching and learning materials, parenting and community involvement.
- Supports parenting and community development by attending regional stakeholder meetings.
- Assists with the development of division/department operating plans and budgets including making recommendations regarding staffing requirements.
- Assists with the development of Standard Operating Procedures for the Development Unit to ensure technical consistency in the execution of duties of Development Officers.
- Participates in the recruitment of Development Officers and makes recommendations for employment
- Prepares regional Management and Performance Reports.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- MSc in Early Childhood Development Leadership, Early Childhood Education or equivalent qualification
- Five (5) years working experience in early childhood development or related field, with at least three (3) years’ experience in coordinating early childhood programmes
Special Conditions Associated with the Job:
- Frequent field work required including visiting ECIs and Resource Centres located at varying distances and with varying types of terrain
- Potential for exposure to volatile situations and communities
Remuneration: Salary Scale $2,209,572.00 – $2,626,487.00 per annum, and any other allowances attached to the post
Written application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than Friday, August 19, 2022 to:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Early Childhood Commission
Shops 45-49 Kingston Mall
8-10 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Sector Support|