THE EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMISSION
The Early Childhood Commission (ECC) an agency of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information with responsibility to regulate the operation of Early Childhood Institutions, is seeking to identify highly motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following vacant post:
EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT OFFICERS – REGIONS 4 & 6 (GMG/SEG 1)
Description of Duties:
To promote comprehensive development of early childhood institutions within the context of the Early Childhood Act, Regulations and Standards, through the provision of technical expertise and monitoring and supervisory functions.
- Monitors and provides supervision for the delivery of ECD programmes and services through regular visits to assigned ECIs
- Provides technical support to ensure that ECIs maintain a readiness focus, and provide an appropriate learning environment for children
- Disseminates information and provides guidance to operators and staff of ECIs on the legal and regulatory requirements and the standards for operation of Early Childhood Institutions
- Discusses inspection reports with the operators of ECIs and management bodies and identifies areas in need of intervention
- Provides technical support to ECIs in order to facilitate the attainment of legal and regulatory requirements and standards for operation
- Assists the operators of ECIs to prepare development plans for the institutions to facilitate compliance with the EC Act and Regulations
- Provides support and shares strategies with teachers and practitioners in implementing developmentally appropriate strategies in a variety of early childhood settings.
- Exposes EC teachers and practitioners to a variety of curricular experiences which can be adopted to facilitate the enhancement of young children’s intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills
- Assists in the implementation of an integrated curriculum as a teaching strategy for young children among teachers and practitioners and ensures appropriate planning and delivery of the curriculum.
- Supports the development and/or strengthening of governance systems for early childhood institutions by providing technical support to ECI Management Bodies, Parent Teachers Associations, and Zone Action Committees.
- Conducts in-service training and capacity building workshops consistent with the professional development needs of the practitioners.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Early Childhood Institution – based parenting programmes
- Ensures information sharing and community mobilization to enhance the quality of Early Childhood Institutions.
- Develops operational plan for the development of early childhood institutions
- Monitors the distribution of grants and subsidies to Early Childhood Institutions
- Sound knowledge of the Early Childhood Act and Regulations and the Standards for the Operation of Early Childhood Institutions in Jamaica
- Sound knowledge of child development and parenting
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer applications, including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Sound human relations skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- BSc. in Early Childhood Development , Early Childhood Education, Social Sciences or a related discipline
- Five (5) years working experience in early childhood development or a related field, with three years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
Remuneration: Salary Scale $1,516,506.00 – $1,802,649.00 per annum, and any other allowances attached to the post
Written application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than Friday, January 25, 2019 to:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Early Childhood Commission
Shops 45-49 Kingston Mall
8-10 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Sector Support|