THE EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMISSION
The Early Childhood Commission (ECC) an agency of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information with responsibility to regulate the operation of Early Childhood Institutions, is seeking to identify highly motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following vacant post:
Early Childhood Development Officer – Regions 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7 (GMG/SEG 1)
Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Early Childhood Development Supervisor, the Early Childhood Development Officer is responsible to promote comprehensive development of early childhood institutions within the context of the Early Childhood Act, Regulations and Standards, through the provision of technical expertise and monitoring and supervisory functions.
- Monitors and provides supervision for the delivery of ECD programmes and services through regular visits to assigned ECIs
- Provides technical support to ensure that ECIs maintain a readiness focus, and provide an appropriate learning environment for children
- Disseminates information and provides guidance to operators and staff of ECIs on the legal and regulatory requirements and the standards for operation of Early Childhood Institutions
- Provides technical support to ECIs in order to facilitate the attainment of legal and regulatory requirements and standards for operation
- Assists the operators of ECIs to prepare development plans for the institutions to facilitate compliance with the EC Act and Regulations.
- Provides support and shares strategies with teachers and practitioners in implementing developmentally appropriate strategies in a variety of early childhood settings.
- Assists in the implementation of an integrated curriculum as a teaching strategy for young children among teachers and practitioners and ensures appropriate planning and delivery of the curriculum.
- Supports the development and/or strengthening of governance systems for early childhood institutions by providing technical support to ECI Management Bodies, Parent Teachers Associations, and Zone Action Committees.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Early Childhood Institution – based parenting programmes
- Ensures information sharing and community mobilization to enhance the quality of Early Childhood Institutions.
- Develops operational plan for the development of early childhood institutions
- Monitors the distribution of grants and subsidies to Early Childhood Institutions
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- BSc. in Early Childhood Development , Early Childhood Education, Social Sciences or a related discipline
- Five (5) years working experience in early childhood development or a related field, with three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
Remuneration: Salary Scale $1,722,266.00 – $2,047,233.00 per annum, and any other allowances attached to the post
Written application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than Friday, August 19, 2022 to:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Early Childhood Commission
Shops 45-49 Kingston Mall
8-10 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Sector Support|