THE EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMISSION
The Early Childhood Commission (ECC) an agency of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information with responsibility to regulate the operation of Early Childhood Institutions, is seeking to identify highly motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following vacant post:
Early Childhood Development Officer – Regions 3, 6 & 7 (GMG/SEG 1)
Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Early Childhood Development Supervisor, the Early Childhood Development Officer is responsible to promote comprehensive development of early childhood institutions within the context of the Early Childhood Act, Regulations and Standards, through the provision of technical expertise and monitoring and supervisory functions.
- Monitors and provides supervision for the delivery of ECD programmes and services through regular visits to assigned ECIs
- Provides technical support to ensure that ECIs maintain a readiness focus, and provide an appropriate learning environment for children
- Provides support and shares strategies with teachers and practitioners in implementing developmentally appropriate strategies in a variety of early childhood settings.
- Exposes EC teachers and practitioners to a variety of curricular experiences which can be adopted to facilitate the enhancement of young children’s intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills
- Supports the development and/or strengthening of governance systems for early childhood institutions by providing technical support to ECI Management Bodies, Parent Teachers Associations, and Zone Action Committees.
- Conducts in-service training and capacity building workshops consistent with the professional development needs of the practitioners.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Early Childhood Institution – based parenting programmes
- Develops operational plan for the development of Early Childhood Institutions
- Monitors the distribution of grants and subsidies to Early Childhood Institutions
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- BSc. in Early Childhood Development , Early Childhood Education, Social Sciences or a related discipline
- Five (5) years working experience in early childhood development or a related field, with three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
Special Conditions Associated with the Job:
- Frequent field work required including visiting ECIs at varying distances and located in different types of terrain
- Potential for exposure to volatile situations and communities
Remuneration: Salary Scale $1,656,025.00 – $1,968,493.00 per annum, and any other allowances attached to the post
Written application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than Wednesday, October 13, 2021 to:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Early Childhood Commission
Shops 45-49 Kingston Mall
8-10 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Sector Support|