THE EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMISSION
The Early Childhood Commission (ECC) an agency of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information with responsibility to regulate the operation of Early Childhood Institutions, is seeking to identify highly motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following vacant post:
COMMUNITY INTERVENTIONS OFFICER (SWG/PS 2) – REGION 3
Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Manager, Community Interventions, the Community Interventions Officer is responsible to collaborate with relevant stakeholders and provide timely support and interventions on a regional basis (as denoted by the ECC) in accordance with the Sector Support Operational Plan in order to improve and maintain the quality of early childhood development programmes and services within targeted communities.
- On a regional scale the incumbent is expected to liaise with community partners (i.e., parish boards, zone action committees for basic schools and the Jamaica Early Childhood Association) and early childhood institutions in order to gather early childhood development information to guide planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating of early childhood programmes, services and activities and to disseminate early childhood development information to educate relevant stakeholders within the communities;
- Monitors and reports on early childhood development programmes regionally within communities, including parenting support programmes and activities within early childhood institutions, to ensure that standards and objectives are being met.
- Creates awareness amongst support groups and institutions regarding the importance of developmental surveillance in respect to early childhood issues, to facilitate:
- the development of tools, strategies, and mechanisms for on-going assessment of community and regional needs
- the execution of continued community based education and support of parents/caregivers in order to promote appropriate child development and parenting practices at the regional and community levels
- the development of strategies to identify ‘at risk’ children and ensure they are provided services at both regional and community levels
- early detection and referral of developmental disorders
- BSc. in Psychology, Sociology, Community Development, Early Childhood Education or equivalent qualifications
- Three (3) years’ experience in social work, education or a related field
Special Conditions Associated with the Job:
- Frequently required to travel to communities within the region to which the incumbent is assigned to attend meetings and conferences, execute community based activities and coordinate regionally the activities of sector partners.
Remuneration: Salary Scale $1,204,365.00 – $1,431,611.00 per annum, and any other allowances attached to the post
Written application along with detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than Wednesday, October 13, 2021 to:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Early Childhood Commission
Shops 45-49 Kingston Mall
8-10 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston
Or by email to: email@example.com
|Job Category||Community Relations|